How do you catch coronavirus?
The coronavirus pandemic has caused unprecedented disruption to businesses and communities all across the globe. The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that roughly 1 in 10 people have been infected with the coronavirus.
There has been an estimated 4.4 million coronavirus cases in the UK, although these numbers are likely to be higher as many people have covid without symptoms.
Employers must understand how coronavirus is spread and take precautions to protect their staff and customers. Here is everything you need to know about how coronavirus is transmitted and how you can minimise the risk of infection in the workplace.
Is covid 19 airborne and how does the coronavirus spread?
In the workplace, the virus is most commonly spread when an infected employee comes into close contact with another staff member e.g. less than one metre apart.
How do you catch coronavirus from surfaces?
What symptoms appear after coronavirus transmission?
What is asymptomatic covid 19?
Is coronavirus contagious?
How easy is it to get Covid from contaminated work surfaces?
How long can covid survive on surfaces?
Is there a high risk of covid transmission from surfaces?
How can I reduce the risk of covid transmission in the workplace?
- Encourage employees to maintain a two-metre distance from each other. Consider readjusting your office layout e.g. moving desks further apart.
- Introduce one-way systems in communal areas like kitchens and staff rooms.
- Stagger staff breaks and lunches to control building volume.
- Keep your office well ventilated and increase air flow by opening windows and doors.
- Ask employees to wear a mask when they come into close contact with colleagues, clients, or customers.into close contact with others.
- Encourage staff to wash their hands regularly for at least 30 seconds.
What are the best cleaning products to fight covid transmission?
Byotrol hygiene solutions kill up to 99.9% of known viruses and bacteria and provide 24 hour protection. Check out our full range of Byotrol products and take advantage of our amazing offer below:
Many businesses are starting to return to the workplace, but you must take precautions to protect your employees and minimise the risk of infection.
There is lots of useful information available on how the coronavirus is transmitted and how to reduce the risk of infection in the workplace. Maintaining social distancing, disinfecting work surfaces regularly, and encouraging high hygiene standards are the easiest way to protect your business and employees against coronavirus.